Apple posted their Q2 2012 financial results for the Q1 calender year, Q2 fiscal year that ended on March 31, 2012. Revenue of $39.2 billion, with 11.8 million iPads, 35.1 million iPhones and 4 million Macs sold.
We’re thrilled with sales of over 35 million iPhones and almost 12 million iPads in the March quarter,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “The new iPad is off to a great start, and across the year you’re going to see a lot more of the kind of innovation that only Apple can deliver.”
“Our record March quarter results drove $14 billion in cash flow from operations,” said Peter Oppenheimer, Apple’s CFO. “Looking ahead to the third fiscal quarter, we expect revenue of about $34 billion and diluted earnings per share of about $8.68.
Here are some points of interest during the financial call:
- Quarterly net profit of $11.6 billion
- iPhone units sold: 35.1 million
- Macs: 4 million
- iPads: 11.8 million
- iPods: 7.7 million
- Total revenues: $39.2 billion
- iPhone 4S available in 100 countries on 230 carriers.
- The iOS ecosystem continues to expand.
- Over 600,000 apps are now available on the App Store.
- 200,000 apps specifically made for iPad.
- iTunes now has over 28 million songs.
- Cumulatively, iOS devices have sold over 365 million units to date.
- iCloud now has 125 million customers since its launch in October.
- Average 18,000 visitors per store per week.