Apple Q1 2013 Results: $54.5 Billion Revenue, 47.8 Million iPhones, 22.9 Million iPads, 4.1 Million Macs
Apple has just posted their Q1 2013 financial results for the quarter that ended in December 2012. The company posted revenue of $54.5 billion ($13.81 per diluted share), with 22.9 million iPads, 47.8 million iPhones and 4.1 million Macs sold. Apple sold 5.3 million iPods. The company reported quarterly net profit of $13.1 billion.
We’re thrilled with record revenue of over $54 billion and sales of over 75 million iOS devices in a single quarter,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “We’re very confident in our product pipeline as we continue to focus on innovation and making the best products in the world.”
“We’re pleased to have generated over $23 billion in cash flow from operations during the quarter,” said Peter Oppenheimer, Apple’s CFO. “We established new all-time quarterly records for iPhone and iPad sales, significantly broadened our ecosystem, and generated Apple’s highest quarterly revenue ever.
Compared to last year’s Q1, Apple sold a record 47.8 million iPhones in the quarter, compared to 37 million in the year-ago quarter. It also sold a record 22.9 million iPads during the quarter, compared to 15.4 million in the year-ago quarter. Macs fell short of consensus estimates at 4.1 million units, down from 5.2 million in the year-ago quarter. Apple also sold 12.7 million iPods in the quarter, compared to 15.4 million in the year-ago quarter.
Notes from the call:
– Tim Cook: We’ve sold well over half a billion iOS devices including a staggering 10 per second in the last quarter alone.
– 3.7 million iPhones per week, compared to 2.6 million per week year-over-year
– iPhone sales doubled year-over-year in China
– iPhone 5 in over 100 countries by end of December 2012, fastest iPhone rollout ever
– The App Store is now available in 155 countries
– 2 billion+ iMessages are sent per day
– Apple ended the quarter with 401 stores, 150 outside US
– Apple retail: $6.4 billion in revenue ($16 million per store)
– Notification Center sent more than 4 trillion notifications
– Game Center has 200 million registers users
– iMessages has sent roughly 450 billion iMessages—or about 2 billion per day
– App Store is at 40 billion downloads
– Apple sold 2 million Apple TVs during the quarter