As we are waiting for iPhone Dev Team to release Redsn0w 0.9.8 and PwnageTool 4.3 for untethered iOS 4.3.1 jailbreak. Here is how to prepare for it to avoid a lot of problems:
Untethered iOS 4.3.1 Jailbreak Details:
- iOS 4.3.1 Jailbreak was already possible but that was TETHERED using Sn0wbreeze 2.4 and PwngeTool.
- Stefan Esser (@i0n1c) has come up with an UNTETHERED 4.3.1 JB solution. He is the real developer of this exploit. Esser has given his solution to the iPhone Dev Team.
- iPhone Dev Team has used Esser’s exploit in their tools which are PwnageTool 4.3 and Redsn0w 0.9.8.
Stock Downloads of iOS 4.3.1 Firmware:
You must have stock iOS 4.3.1 firmware files downloaded to your system. You can get them from the DIRECT links below:
The upcoming untethered iOS 4.3.1 jailbreak by iPhone Dev Team will be compatible with all those device which can run iOS 4.3.1 firmware except for iPad 2. Following are the compatible devices.
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPod Touch 4G
- iPad 1
- Apple TV 2G
Ultrsn0w Unlock iOS 4.3.1:
Untethered iOS 4.3.1 Jailbreak by iPhone Dev Team will be followed by Ultrasn0w Unlock 4.3.1. Its a new version of Ultrasn0w. It WILL NOT unlock higher basebands but will continue to unlock the older ones.
Backup all your Jailbreak Apps before you jailbreak
A HOW TO GUIDE To do an untethered iOS 4.3.1 jailbreak will be available as soon as they release it.
Make sure you backup all your apps before you jailbreak your device. Its Highly recommended. You can do it manually or you can use utilities like AptBackup:
- AptBackup is a free app under the repository of BigBoss. You can download it from the Cydia Store.
- It provides a very easy process to backup and restore all the jailbreak apps. All you need is to launch the application and it will start doing the backup process for you.
- For the restore process, you have to download the AptBackup again from Cydia. Press the restore button and an automated system will do the who thing for you.
- The AptBackup application makes a text file with the jailbreak apps you have installed when you try it for the backup. This text file is saved by the iTunes. When you restore you iDevice, AptBackup will use this file to know what to download.