Samsung‘s new Chromebox which runs Google‘s ChromeOS has a familiar form factor. How else would Samsung build such a thing? considering that all small computers are built with circular openings in the bottom?!What a coincidence?!
Samsung has finally announced the new Galaxy S III at the Unpacked event today in London. This galaxy line is Apple’s biggest competitor in the smartphone industry.
The device sports a 4.8-inch 720P Super AMOLED HD display, 1.4GHz Exynos 4 Quad processor, 8-megapixel camera, 1GB of RAM, 4G LTE technology, face recognition photo app that enables you to send pictures to your friends appearing in your pictures, as well as lots of Apple-like features:
- S-Voice which is obviously (Apple’s Siri)
- Scan and Match for Music (Apple’s iTunes Match)
- AllShare Cast (Airplay) for streaming your content to your HDTV through the AllShare Cast Dongle (AppleTV).
- Music player accessory/companion product (iPod nano) called ‘S-Pebble’ as opposed to iOS kickstater watch by the same name.
Not to mention, Flipboard for Android is making its way into Samsung Galaxy S III for the first time on the platform.
It wasn’t enough for Samsung when they started their anti-iPhone and “get samsunged” campaign months ago, today Samsung sent a paid flashmob to Apple’s retail store in Sydney, Australia to try to “Wake Up” iPhone users.
Its Samsung’s most ridiculous move yet, they sent hordes of chanters people dressed in black to protest outside of an Apple retail store. with a clear message written: Wake Up!
It’s believed that this is Samsung’s Galaxy S III marketing, which was put together by Australian creative agency Tongue.
The ‘Wake up.’ campaign has also seen the words written on the bottom of Bondi Ice Bergs pool, as well as on a series of billboards placed around town. There was also a website at wake-up-australia.com.au that allegedly counts down to the May 3 launch for the Galaxy S III which is Apple’s iPhone primary rival.[via mactrast]
Here is the full spec of the upcoming Samsung device under Galaxy flagship, Samsung Galaxy S III. Expected to make a debut this June:
- 1.5GHz quad-core Samsung Exynos processor
- 4.8-inch “full HD” 1080p resolution with 16:9 aspect ratio display
- A 2-megapixel front-facing camera and an 8-megapixel rear camera
- Ceramic case
- 4G LTE
- Android 4.0
These are pretty impressive features and I hope for the new ceramic enclosure the device will finally feel a quality to touch.[via bgr]