Apple held its Q1 2012 fiscal earnings call yesterday, and the company posted a record-breaking revenue of $46.33 billion with a net profit of $13.06 billion, 15.43 million iPads, 37.04 million iPhones, 15.4 million iPods and 5.2 million Macs sold.
here is a roundup of interesting numbers collected by cultofmac from the earnings call to check out.
- There were 140 million App Store downloads on December 25th alone.
- 1.5 million iPads are already in use in education institutions.
- 600,000 copies of iBooks Author have been downloaded since last week’s announcement. 3 million copies of the iTunes U app have been downloaded as well.
- There were more than 62 million total iOS devices sold in the last quarter, totaling a staggering 315 million iOS devices sold to date.
- iCloud has 85 million customers.
- $4 billion has been paid to developers from App Store sales.
- There is an average of 22,000 visitors per Apple store each week.
- Apple has $97 billion in cash, with over $60 billion offshore. Apple said, “We’re not letting it burn a hole in our pockets.”
- Tim Cook noted IDC’s research saying that the tablet (iPad) is expected to overtake PC sales in the US. Cook said, “We’ll continue to innovate like crazy in the tablet area.” He said, ”People thought it was going to be the year of the tablet. It actually was the year of the iPad.”