The TF3 trailer will be available on Apple Trailers on 7PM (Eastern Time) on April 28th.
“SENTINEL PRIME is a legendary warrior, thought lost long ago. The strength of his will and the power of his sword are spoken of in reverent whispers by AUTOBOT and DECEPTICON alike. Now that he has returned, the final defeat of MEGATRON and the DECEPTICONS is assured.” Voiced by Leonard Nimoy.
Posts Tagged ‘Michael Bay’
In the meantime, Empire debuted a new cover featuring an Autobot called Sentinel Prime, who’s a “big brother and mentor to Optimus Prime.” Obviously he’s going to have to come in and help out. Other news from the mag is that TF3 won’t have “dorky humor” or “sand“, but they will give “weight” to the bots again: “when robots die, they’re really going to die and we’re gonna show that.” Damn.
Bay describes this third installment as “kind of like a spy movie.” Bay also reveals the Ferrari is a Decepticon named Dreadbox, and there’s a bot that “the scale on one of them is jawdropping.” Can’t wait for more!Transformers: Dark of the Moon is again directed by everyone’s favorite explosive director, Michael Bay, of the previous two Transformers movies as well as Bad Boys I and II, The Rock, Armageddon, Pearl Harbor and The Island. The screenplay was written by Ehren Kruger, who co-wrote the Revenge of the Fallen script but went solo this time, and also worked on The Ring, The Skeleton Key and Brothers Grimm screenplays. Paramount is bringing Transformers 3 to theaters everywhere in 3D starting July 1st, 2011 this summer!
Michael Bay shared some plot details for Transformers: Dark of the Moon and they contain some pretty big spoilers.
- There will be no sand.
- There will be no dorky humor (“We wanted to make the movie much more serious, more adult.”)
- When a robot dies, it will actually die. And that death will be shown onscreen.
- The robots will be given more ‘weight’ in the story (“They were missed in movie two. We’ve given them a strong back-story and pathos.”)
- Sentinel Prime is “A big brother and mentor to Optimus Prime”.
- The Ferrari is a Decepticon nicknamed ‘Dreadbox’.
- Starscream and Shockwave will have new companions. “The scale on one of them is jaw dropping” – “It will be ‘what the Hell was that thing?”
- The Apollo 11 ‘incident’ show in the teaser is a big government secret.
- There will be no army. Chicago is left in the hands of the Autobots (but some heroes sneak in through the back-door so to speak).
- The human gliders are used because they slip under the Decepticons’ radar – as do humans – so they’ll be the people who can hammer it to the ‘Cons and create an opening for the Autobots.
Here is the new TV spot aired during the Daytona 500 for the upcoming Transformers: Dark of the Moon. It has few new shots added to those previously seen on the Super Bowl spot.
The third Transformers movie stars Shia LaBeouf, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, Kevin Dunn, Julie White, Frances McDormand, John Malkovich, Ken Jeong, Patrick Dempsey, Alan Tudyk and John Turturro.Transformers: Dark of the Moon is scheduled for release on July 1.